Never as good as grandma made, but it sure is good. And healthier!
- 225 g FiberFlour
- 3 Eggs
- 100 g Butter
- 100 g Sugar Substitute Erythritol
- 5 Apples Granny Smith
- 1 pinch Salt
- 200 g Creme Fraiche
- For the custard filling, mix 200g of creme fraiche (or sour cream) with 2 medium eggs and sugar substitute.
- Combine butter, FiberFlour, and salt together then add one egg and knead until smooth. Alternatively pulse in a food processor.
- Roll out dough to the shape of your pie dish allowing enough to create a rim.
- Grease form and line with dough.
- Peel and core apples, then cut into slices.
- Spread apple slices evenly across the dough and pour topping over the apples.
- Bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes or until golden brown.