Bagel No Boil
Bagel - No Boil
FiberFlour Bagels: 35g carbs - 26g fiber = 9g net carbs. Other Bagels: 60g carbs - 2g fiber = 58g net carbs. See and feel the difference with FiberFlour.
Servings: 8 Bagels
- 500 g FiberFlour
- 400 g Water
- 15 g Yeast
- 8 g Salt
- Sesame seeds, poppy seeds, herbs or spices
- Put FiberFlour in mixing bowl. Add yeast. Pour warm water over the yeast and let activate for 5 minutes.
- Once vigorously fermenting, mix and knead for 5-10 minutes. Divide dough into 110-120g portions and roll into perfectly round dough balls.
- Flatten slightly and push your finger through the middle of a dough ball then spin around your finger or the handle of a wooden spoon until you form your ideal bagel shape.
- Put bagels inside a clear plastic bag and let rise for around 1 hour.
- Prepare a mixture of olive oil and your chosen selection of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, herbs or spices.
- Arrange bagels on cookie sheet covered with baking paper and baste the bagels with your oil and seed mixture.
- Bake at 410°F/210°C for approximately 10 minutes, then turn heat down to 250°F/120°C for 20 more minutes. Check to see they are not too well done on top while baking and open oven door to drop temp if need be.
- This is a fairy wet dough mixture so a longer cooking time is usually necessary to cook the centers of your dough well. FiberFlour sucks up water much more aggressively than regular flour. After bagels are done take them out of the oven and let cool.
Slice them in half and toast. Spread some cream cheese on both sides and place slices of wild caught sockeye salmon on top for a delicious breakfast treat.
Serving: 110g | Calories: 186kcal | Carbohydrates: 35g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 391mg | Potassium: 17mg | Fiber: 26g | Calcium: 0.1% | Iron: 0.2%