Flatbread / Tortillas
directions for quick food processor method
1. Put FiberFlour and salt into a food processor.
2. Add water and turn on at low speed. Trickle in some olive oil.
3. The dough will come together into a ball quickly ~20-30 seconds.
4. Roll into dough balls of about 30g on a board dusted with flour.
5. Flatten the balls using your hand and then a rolling pin making sure to keep the area sufficiently dusted with flour to prevent sticking.
6. Cook on a very hot plate for approximately 60 seconds each side.
Tips: Yeast is optional but would increase the volume and lightness if the dough is left to proof for 40 minutes.
Using a mixing bowl and kneading by hand works just as well.
Keeping your work area dusted with flour prevents the moist dough from sticking to your work surfaces, I use regular whole wheat for dusting flour, much less expensive!
Nutritional Content per 100g
Fat 5g (1.6 omega 3), Net carb 8g, Fiber 24g, Protein 14g